Texas Probate System
- Includes all supplementation through 2011.
- By James E. Brill, editor and project director.
- Includes Downloadable Digital Version.
- 1 volume; looseleaf
- Copyright © 2003
- 818 Pages
If you are already an owner of this book, click here for supplements.
The Texas Probate System will become the cornerstone of your probate law practice. From the initial contact with a client to the closing of the estate, this System will be in constant use, providing a step-by-step guide to the efficient handling of a decedent’s estate.
This system may be used by and for the development and training of legal assistants and other members of the lawyer’s staff to permit them to handle the nonprofessional activities associated with probate. It’s also a valuable tool for training new lawyers, and it has enormous advantages for the busy practitioner. It will materially reduce the time required by the lawyer without significantly increasing the time required by staff in the administration of the usual estate.
The Texas Probate System includes:
- Letters of a standard, routine, and repetitive nature
- Forms furnished by governmental agencies or outside sources
- Worksheets designed to guide you through proper decisions, to make calculations, or to maintain a single summary record of multiple related transactions
- Significant Date List to assist you in calculating and recording important dates for all proceedings
- Checkplan containing a checklist of all activities to be considered and performed in handling a decedent’s estate.
The Texas Probate System has been updated to incorporate changes in state law through the 2011 regular session of the Texas legislature. Includes a new form (Affidavit in Lieu of Inventory) and letter (Forward Inventory to Beneficiary), as well as additional TexasBarCLE articles.
Texas Probate System Forms Digital Product, included with purchase of the printed manual, contains the entire text of the printed system as a PDF file. It also contains PDF and word-processing files of the Probate Chart, forms, and letters in the System. Finally, the digital product includes the Texas Lawyer’s Creed.
Click here to purchase the Texas Probate System.